My new year resolutions are NOT my new year goals.
My new year resolutions are my life philosophies.
They will inform my 2018 goals positively.
1. I will only allow positive, respectful, kind and loyal people into my life. My friendship group and acquaintances will remain small and selective.
2. Every single day I will use my toolkit.
3. I define myself. What other people think of me is none of my business.
4. I will stay off social media. I will remain present and productive.
5. My health is my wealth.
6. I will honour my fierce sexual energy. I will use it to create, write and fuck. I won't be ashamed or scared of it's fierceness. I will live it's truth.
7. Whenever I feel unsupported or beaten by life. I will remember my new year dream and all the things I spoke about with Mum and Dad.
8. I will no longer write a column to make $$$ or to remain relevant.
I will ONLY write a column if I'm inspired to and if it sets my heart on fire.
I might not make money from my sex blog but at least it's 110% pure and uncensored.
Journalism is a tough game and I've managed to be published by major publications throughout the world.
But I don't have to play the game.
And I don't have to compete.
I can sit out of the game for as long as I want.
This is MY TIME.
9. I will reject anything that tries to rob me of my joy. Love always has and always will conquer evility.
2017 was a great teacher.
After a POSITIVE 5-year-run from 2012 -2016.
2017 kind of threw me a bit.
There were high HIGHS but low LOWS.
I've spent the festive season resting, healing, relaxing, playing and laughing.
And in the downtime. I've reviewed 2017 and made a mental note of ALL the lessons it had for me.
And for those lessons -- I'm VERY grateful.
Here's to an INCREDIBLE 2018!!!!!!!
#healingmyself #positive #betterthanever #Ichooselove
My name is Vanessa de Largie.